Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application EnableEvents

If I set EnableEvents to False while my code is running, and then
accidentally exit the code without setting back to True - does this property
get reset to True when Excel is closed? My testing seems to verify that it
does, but I'm at a point where I could use confirmation. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It resets to TRUE when Excel is closed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:11:01 -0700, B Lynn B
wrote:

If I set EnableEvents to False while my code is running, and then
accidentally exit the code without setting back to True - does this property
get reset to True when Excel is closed? My testing seems to verify that it
does, but I'm at a point where I could use confirmation. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Your code will be reset when the workbook is opened again.

You could add:

Sub reset()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

to tour worksheet code.
If your code is stopped for whatever reason, press <Alt + <F8 and select
this sub to re-enable your code.
Saves shutting down and starting again.
hth.
Jock