Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SAVE AS

Morning all excel gurus. I have a master excel document and when a user
opens it, i need it to automatically prompt for save as so the master is
never touched.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From VBE left treeview double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code
to the right code pane.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Me.SaveAs Application.GetSaveAsFilename
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Morning all excel gurus. I have a master excel document and when a user
opens it, i need it to automatically prompt for save as so the master is
never touched.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi thanks for that, the trouble i have now is if the user opens the excel
file that they have saved its still asking to save as.. I only want it to
show that on the master document, also is they anyway i can stop it from
defaulting the save as name?

Thanks Jacob.

Neil

From VBE left treeview double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Morning all excel gurus. I have a master excel document and when a user
opens it, i need it to automatically prompt for save as so the master is
never touched.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then check it

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Me

If .Name = "Master.xls" Then

.SaveAs Application.GetSaveAsFilename
End If
End With

__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Neil Holden" wrote in message
Hi thanks for that, the trouble i have now is if the user opens the excel
file that they have saved its still asking to save as.. I only want it to
show that on the master document, also is they anyway i can stop it from
defaulting the save as name?

Thanks Jacob.

Neil

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

From VBE left treeview double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below
code

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Morning all excel gurus. I have a master excel document and when a
user
opens it, i need it to automatically prompt for save as so the master
is
never touched.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can...Edit the workbook master file name...in the below code...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Me.Name < "master.xls" Then _

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Hi thanks for that, the trouble i have now is if the user opens the excel
file that they have saved its still asking to save as.. I only want it to
show that on the master document, also is they anyway i can stop it from
defaulting the save as name?

Thanks Jacob.

Neil

From VBE left treeview double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Morning all excel gurus. I have a master excel document and when a user
opens it, i need it to automatically prompt for save as so the master is
never touched.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes...I meant so..

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Me.Name = "master.xls" Then _

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Hi thanks for that, the trouble i have now is if the user opens the excel
file that they have saved its still asking to save as.. I only want it to
show that on the master document, also is they anyway i can stop it from
defaulting the save as name?

Thanks Jacob.

Neil

From VBE left treeview double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Morning all excel gurus. I have a master excel document and when a user
opens it, i need it to automatically prompt for save as so the master is
never touched.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jacob much appreciated.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Yes...I meant so..

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Me.Name = "master.xls" Then _

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Hi thanks for that, the trouble i have now is if the user opens the excel
file that they have saved its still asking to save as.. I only want it to
show that on the master document, also is they anyway i can stop it from
defaulting the save as name?

Thanks Jacob.

Neil

From VBE left treeview double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code