Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default lock formulas in certain cells

Hi there,
is there any way to "lock" certain formulas (one column has the same
formulas) to avoid user to delete or change them? still I need to let certain
users to access them.

Thanks in advance,
Gaba
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gaba,

You can use the Allow Users to Edit Ranges feature to grant access to locked
cells to specific users. In 2007 this feature in the the Changes block in
the Review section.

If you have a lot of users or a group that changes you can use a network
security group instead of a user. I have had my IT department set me up 3
groups so that I can set up the permissions on worksheets and when I add a
user to the group they automatically get permission to all worksheets.

Once you have set up the Allow Users to Edit Ranges feature, make sure the
lock/unlock is set for all cell and protect the workbook with a password.
This will block unauthorized user from changing the formulas in the protected
cells.

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.