Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default Insert Data into Access database from excel userform

Hi All,

I have a userform in excel that users would use to submit their details once
they click "Submit" button on the form. I want the details to be stored in an
Access database. But most of the users dont have access installed on their
machine.

My question is, Is it somehow possible to insert data in Access database
through Userform if access is not installed on the local machine? We have a
network drive which is shared among all and Access is installed on my
machine.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If a user doesn't have MSAccess, I don't believe they can write something to
it.
A work-around would be to have the 'Submit' procedure create / append to a
Text file and have MSAccess link to that text file.

Example of Writing to a Text file
Dim iFileNum as Integer
'write back to log with <= Max # of rows desired
iFileNum = FreeFile()
Open "C:\MyTestFile.txt" For Output As #iFileNum
Write #iFileNum, "My Data Goes Here", "And Here", "And Here", "Etc..."
Close #iFileNum

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.