Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looping Code

I have that attached code that I want to run based and the number of cell m2.
So if cell m2 = 5 I would like the copy and insert to happen 4 times. This is
for a custom form made by the end user. Any help would be great, I have never
tried to loop the same code over again.

Range("C15:K15").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C15").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown (need this to happen # of times
inidicated in cell m2)

Tim Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

no loop required.
See my answer from this morning. It only required a small change. Its better
for everybody to follow the same thread - it just measn people don't waste
their time sending the same work as already done. If its not what you need,
just reply and say why. thanks

Option Explicit
Sub Main()
Dim qrows As Long
qrows = Range("M2") ' InputBox("How many rows")
If qrows 0 Then
Range("C15:k15").Copy
Range("C16").Resize(qrows - 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteAll
Application.CutCopyMode = False

"tpeter" wrote:

I have that attached code that I want to run based and the number of cell m2.
So if cell m2 = 5 I would like the copy and insert to happen 4 times. This is
for a custom form made by the end user. Any help would be great, I have never
tried to loop the same code over again.

Range("C15:K15").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C15").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown (need this to happen # of times
inidicated in cell m2)

Tim Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You dont need to loop. Try the below

Sub Macro2()
Range("C15:K15").Copy
Range("C15").Resize(Range("M2") - 1).Insert Shift:=xlDown
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"tpeter" wrote:

I have that attached code that I want to run based and the number of cell m2.
So if cell m2 = 5 I would like the copy and insert to happen 4 times. This is
for a custom form made by the end user. Any help would be great, I have never
tried to loop the same code over again.

Range("C15:K15").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C15").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown (need this to happen # of times
inidicated in cell m2)

Tim Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This worked great but now I have to modify the code to find where the text
stops in column c and go down 4 spaces, then select that cell plus 8 to the
right and repeat the copy based on the number of lines requested. I have the
xldown correct but I don't know how to refer to the cell without a number(ex
c15). This number will change based on the number of rows above it. Thanks
again for everyones help.

Sub FindEnd()
Dim LastCell As Range

Set LastCell = Range("c10").End(xlDown)
LastCell.Select
ActiveCell.Offset(4).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(8).End(xlToRight).Copy 'don't know the Row number.Need to
copy 8 to the right
Range("c").Resize(Range("m2") - 1).Insert Shift:=xlDown 'don't know the line
it will be.

looping code Ksenija Excel Programming 1 January 23rd 09 04:05 PM
Looping rather than code for each row Martin Excel Programming 11 September 9th 08 03:10 PM
Code looping through files Otto Moehrbach Excel Programming 66 January 5th 07 07:46 PM
Help with Looping Code JimMay Excel Programming 5 June 6th 06 03:43 AM
Code looping when it should not Todd Huttenstine Excel Programming 3 May 13th 04 09:37 PM