Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prompt for a saveas location in Word from Excel

I have an Excel book that opens a word document and adds some
information from Excel. I want the user to be prompted for a save
location. The program uses a template word file that I don't want
people saving over. I want them to saveas to their own location.

The Dim's I'm using

Dim wrdApp As Word.Application 'creates a dialog with Word
Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document 'creates a dialog with a document
Set wrdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
wrdApp.Visible = True 'show the document
wrdApp.Activate
Set wrdDoc = wrdApp.Documents.Open("Z:\COMMON FILES\Encroachment
Permits\Permit.Tracker\FormLetters\PreAppDeficienc yLetter.doc")

wrdDoc.SaveAs or wrdDoc.Save just saves over the current document. I
want the saveto location window to come up. I don't know if this can
be automated through Excel or what. One caveat...users are on
different drive letters. So I can't just default to the C: drive.
Some might save their project documents on the J: drive in a different
folder. The location is always different.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.