Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default HELP: autopopulate certain form fields but make them editable late

Hi All,

I have an excel userfom with a text box that accepts Student_ID. Once a
student inputs ID in this textbox, other form fields like Name, Address,
Ph_No will auto populate.
The button to launch this form is on Sheet1 and the students data that auto
populates is in sheet2.

NOW, There are instances where new student data is not available in Sheet2
until I manually update Sheet2 with their info. So even if students are
enrolled and they input their ID they dont see their Name, Address and Ph_No
auto populate in the fields. Is there a way where a student inputs the ID and
if his or hers data is not present in Sheet2 the student can manually input
the data which will then populate the Sheet2.

Initially I have kept the Name, Address and Ph_No fields disabled as they
are auto populated, But for new students if it doesnt auto populate, I want
these fields to be enabled once a student inputs the ID for 3 times and the
Name, Address, Ph_No fields dont auto populate.

SO for eg, IF a student inputs "123ef" in the ID fields and the Name,
Address, Ph_No doesnt populate, the student will see a msgbox saying please
input your ID again, This will happen for a total of 3 times, and the fourth
time if the student inputs the Id and the fields dont autopopulate then the
Name, Address and Hi All,

[...]

Name, Address and Ph_No fields will be enabled and they will input their info
manually which will then populate the Sheet2 with their info they just
inputed.

Hope I made it clear

Thanks in Advance.