Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Option Button versus Check Box

This is my first attempt to create something using Active X controls. I am
going to send some information to 3 different people and ask them to 1)
approve 2) deny or 3) request further information.

Do I want to use a check box or an option button?

Whichever I choose - how can i make it mandatory that only one of the three
boxes is chosen by the end user?

Also is it possible to share the workbook so that all 3 users can open it at
the same time?

Thanks - any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option buttons for that because there's only one answer. Option buttons are
sometimes called radio buttons because only one can be selected. There ways
to group "sets" of Option buttons, but you need to do that now for your
objective.

Regards,
Peter T

"Mary Lou" wrote in message
This is my first attempt to create something using Active X controls. I
am
going to send some information to 3 different people and ask them to 1)
approve 2) deny or 3) request further information.

Do I want to use a check box or an option button?

Whichever I choose - how can i make it mandatory that only one of the
three
boxes is chosen by the end user?

Also is it possible to share the workbook so that all 3 users can open it
at
the same time?

Thanks - any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook, and then click the Editing tab.
Select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time check
box, and then click OK.

"Mary Lou" wrote:

This is my first attempt to create something using Active X controls. I am
going to send some information to 3 different people and ask them to 1)
approve 2) deny or 3) request further information.

Do I want to use a check box or an option button?

Whichever I choose - how can i make it mandatory that only one of the three
boxes is chosen by the end user?

Also is it possible to share the workbook so that all 3 users can open it at
the same time?

Thanks - any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'd use 3 optionbuttons that have the same groupname.

If you have more options for them to choose from (different questions), you can
isolate each group of optionbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar (ActiveX)
by rightclicking on each and showing the properties window.

Then change the .groupname property to a nice common name for that group.

If you only have a single question with those three responses, you can still
look at the properties window for each and you'll notice that the default
..groupname is the sheet name--so they're all grouped together.

And no more than one optionbutton can be chosen in a group.

But if you want exactly one optionbutton (they have to choose one), the easiest
way is to click your favorite and save it that way before you send it for
review.

--

Dave Peterson