Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling the Combo Box

Good morning all,

I have a combo box in Sheet1 of my Excel file. What I like to do is to
disable the combo box so that when users click on it, nothing would happen
and selections would not display.

I would like to share a little background related to what I am looking for.
I have a code to perform a list of things on Sheet1 (and combo box is one of
those things). After a list of those things has performed, I want to disable
the combo box so that users can not revisit the combo box to make a selection
from it.

As part of my code, the code will check whether those things are performed.
If performed, the combox box will disable, and the users will receive a
message that since those things are performed, the combo box will not be
available.

Is it possible to disable the combo box? Could you help me with the code?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

is this the activeX combo?

Sheet1.ComboBox1.Visible = False
or
worksheets("Sheet1").ComboBox1.Visible = False

with the forms control, set it to the macro, cnage the name appropriately

Sub DropDown2_Change()
With Sheet1.Shapes("Drop Down 2")
..Visible = msoFalse
End With
End Sub

"Souny" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sam,

Thanks for the code. Is the code supposted to be:

Worksheets("Sheet1").comboxboxname.enabled = false

Thanks.

"Souny" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patrick,

Thanks for the code. I am using activeX combo, not Forms combo.

If I use the following, would it make the combo box disappear?

worksheets("sheet1").combobox1.visible = false

I don't want it to disappear. I want it so that when users click on it,
nothing would happen.

Thanks.