Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TBD TBD is offline

Default Do cells have a string-property I can use to store "stuff" with ce

Greetings,
Am currently seeking a way to store date,row,col info WITH each cell.
Q. Do cells have a user-defined (string) property?

This question grows out of a need to simplify associating a cell with
some other detail. For more detail, please see my previous post!

Thanks/Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi tbd

As for row and column you can use the Activecell.Address member (which
returns a string). By date do you mean the date in the cell or the date which
the cell was modified?

If this helps please click "Yes"
<<<<<<<<<<

"tbd" wrote:

Greetings,
Am currently seeking a way to store date,row,col info WITH each cell.
Q. Do cells have a user-defined (string) property?

This question grows out of a need to simplify associating a cell with
some other detail. For more detail, please see my previous post!

Thanks/Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TBD TBD is offline

Default Do cells have a string-property I can use to store "stuff" wit

Hi Engineer Rick,
Thank you for your reply! I'll look into using "Activecell.Address"
for generic string storage - actually I only need to store/read-back about 16
bytes.

My reference to "previous-post" was misleading because I managed to post
twice. To see the relevant thread, look for "Does VBA support flattening" a
few posts back, or use the search option with same phrase.

I really hope there's 16bytes of space I can use with each cell - it
will save me from having to add yet another sheet to the project!

Luck/Cheers!

"tbd" wrote:

Greetings,
Am currently seeking a way to store date,row,col info WITH each cell.
Q. Do cells have a user-defined (string) property?

This question grows out of a need to simplify associating a cell with
some other detail. For more detail, please see my previous post!

Thanks/Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi tbd,

The whole point of '.Address' is that you don't need to store the cell's address - Excel can tell you what it is at any time.
Storing the address becomes problematic if any cells are inserted/deleted above or to the left of a cell for which the address has
been stored.

--
Cheers
macropod

"tbd" wrote:

Greetings,
Am currently seeking a way to store date,row,col info WITH each cell.
Q. Do cells have a user-defined (string) property?

This question grows out of a need to simplify associating a cell with
some other detail. For more detail, please see my previous post!

Thanks/Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TBD TBD is offline

Hi Rick,
There's been a misunderstanding! There's a large amount of "context"
you will find if you look at the recent post "Does VBA support flattening".
The second paragraph describes why I need to store a date/row/col with each
cell. The row/col I need to store are not the absolute row/col of the cell
(but it's VERY interesting to know that info's there - for future options.)

Cheers!