Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro for custom data entry

Hello All,
Could you please help me with a macro that would automatically enter a data
in say, col A, so that it coincides the empty cell in col B after its last
entry from the last time it was saved. For example,
Col A Date Col B
QQ Date1. SS
Date1. RR
Date1. UU
TT

Is it possible to have TT to appear in A4 instead of A2 after QQ?
The data in col B could be any # of rows long.

thanks,
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don,

I wish I could send you the file. This question is related to a spreadsheet
I'm using at work and since I work at a nuclear power plant they don't let us
bring our work home or send those file to anyone. That is why I tried to
simplify the question and incorporate an example. However I appreciate your
kind offer for help.
Keep up the great work! It takes a lot even for smart people such as you to
keep helping users like me with our neverending questions.

thanks again,
Tina

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"T.C" wrote in message
Hello All,
Could you please help me with a macro that would automatically enter a
data
in say, col A, so that it coincides the empty cell in col B after its last
entry from the last time it was saved. For example,
Col A Date Col B
QQ Date1. SS
Date1. RR
Date1. UU
TT

Is it possible to have TT to appear in A4 instead of A2 after QQ?
The data in col B could be any # of rows long.

thanks,
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Surely you could make up a dummy sheet so that I don't have to do it to
test.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"T.C" wrote in message
Hi Don,

I wish I could send you the file. This question is related to a
spreadsheet
I'm using at work and since I work at a nuclear power plant they don't let
us
bring our work home or send those file to anyone. That is why I tried to
simplify the question and incorporate an example. However I appreciate
your
kind offer for help.
Keep up the great work! It takes a lot even for smart people such as you
keep helping users like me with our neverending questions.

thanks again,
Tina

"Don Guillett" wrote:

If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look
if:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software