Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto-fill across multiple tabs

Well it's not actually auto-fill but I'm not sure what the name is. I have
an Excel spreadsheet that we use to track clients calls over a twelve month
period. Each month has its own sheet in the workbook. The receptionist uses
it to record info about potential clients who call in (name, number, etc.).

We used to have this set up as one big sheet with all twelve months
together, so it was just one big list, and the receptionist got used to the
fact that if someone was calling in who had already called before, Excel
would "remind" her that that person had already called before because it
would try to finish filling out the name for her. Once this worksheet was
broken up into twleve sheets Excel no longer could remember anything beyond
the current tab.

Is there a way to fix this so that it pulls info from all of the other
sheets to help fill in entries? Or, barring that, is there a more effective
way for Excel to notify the user that someone has already called in the past?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is called Autocomplete and will not work across worksheets.

In fact it only works when data is contiguous in one column.

Breaking data into 12 sheets was not a good idea.

Always best to keep on one sheet for purposes of filtering, sorting and
other stuff.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP