Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating UDF prompts (XL 2007)

I'm trying to get hints/prompts to display for a UDF I've written.

This group had a thread back in 2007 that had the answer, but the link
I found is now dead. Here's the question/answer I found and the old
link. Can anybody provide and answer or a link to the archived
answer.

TIA,
David

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6f0180ce2819d5
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a

"michael.beckinsale" wrote:

Hi All,

With XL2003 built in functions you get prompts for the various
parameters / arguments as you type into the cell.

eg typing =Sumif( directly into a cell results in this prompt:

SUMIF(range, criteria,[sumrange])

Can this be achieved with UDF and if so how?

Regards

Michael B.