Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default scroll bar inside an embedded chart in Excel 2007

I can open an excel 2003 workbook that has a scrollbar inside an
embedded chart, and the scrollbar works.

But I can't seem to create one from scratch in excel 2007. Is there
some trick to this?

Thanks,

Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have no problem doing this in 2007 -- what seems to be the issue? You can
get the scroll bar from the controls group in the Developer Tab, which is
viewable from the Popular section of Excel Options in the Office Button.
HTH
"Brian Murphy" wrote in message
I can open an excel 2003 workbook that has a scrollbar inside an
embedded chart, and the scrollbar works.

But I can't seem to create one from scratch in excel 2007. Is there
some trick to this?

Thanks,

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doesn't look like it's possible. Even a cut or copied a scrollbar off the
sheet pasted into the chart results as an embedded picture. Best to ask in
the charting group for confirmation.

Regards,
Peter T

"Brian Murphy" wrote in message
I can open an excel 2003 workbook that has a scrollbar inside an
embedded chart, and the scrollbar works.

But I can't seem to create one from scratch in excel 2007. Is there
some trick to this?

Thanks,

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried it again several different ways several more times, with no
success.

Oddly, you can copy and paste a Forms scrollbar from inside the chart
to the worksheet, but you can't go the other way, as Peter pointed
out.

Another odd thing (and this will be my way around this problem) if the
scrollbar (either Forms or ActiveX) is placed over the chart, it still
stays visible when the chart behind it is selected. Excel 2003
doesn't do this, but Excel 2007 does. So I think I can make do with
creating the scrollbar on top of the chart. The activeX type seems to
work better since the chart will respond while the mouse button is
held down on the scrollbar, and the Forms type doesn't.

Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't insert controls into charts in 2007. It's a known issue, in
fact, I think it was "by design".

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier