Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default please help me, asp!!

hi,
I need to produce a table in excel, but its not just simple table it need
different conditions.

first row: time 0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1
1.25 1.5
second rw: load

ok my second row might have one of the 3 conditions below or it could have
all of them, the three conditions are
1- the load stay the same in all time intervals
2- the load is changing constantly with some increament dq
3-might have sudden change of load at some time

what i need to do is that ,some how, put all these conditions in one statement
eg:if load is constant during the whole time then put the same value all
over, but if it is changing with some increment then add each together, and
if you have a sudden jump at say time 0.75 then add one colume in between (so
that you will have two column that have the same time ) and add or subtract
the sudden change from the first colum of the time 0.75 and put its value in
the second colume and either increase constanlty or stay the same according
to the load.
I am desperatly waiting for help!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I replied to your first message

please try to be descriptive in the subject in future. This is a help group,
so "help" is quite menaingless. Look at other subjects. If we see the
subject, and we have some expertise, then we will respond much more quickly.

"sanaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sanaz

Few suggestions

--Please avoid multi-posting.
--Did you review the response from Partrick for your other post. If not
please do
--If you have reviwed that already; please respond to that post with whats
wrong, what you are looking for referring to what he suggested...

"sanaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi jacob,
since yesterday that i sign up in this discussion board every one are so
angry with me. i feel so bad. yes actually i ve just noticed patrick answer,
but I dont have vb
and i need to use either macro which have matlab or just staments with if,
and, ...

thanks jacob

"sanaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi patrick,
i am really sorry, ive never used this discussion board before!!
and the thing is that, yesterday that I sent that question I thought it did
not go through because it wasnt on my profile, then i thought maybe it is
because it was so long, any way thats why I just ask shorter question?1

now that you said I checked your answer, thank you so much for that, but the
thing is that I dont have visual basic so is there any way that I could just
either use statements such as if ,... or use the macro which is with matlab.

and you are right this is a project, and i know very little about excel
thats why i am in panic state because its due friday and i havnt done much:(

Kind Regards
sanaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sanaz wrote:
hi,
I need to produce a table in excel, but its not just simple table it need
different conditions.

first row: time 0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1
1.25 1.5
second rw: load

ok my second row might have one of the 3 conditions below or it could have
all of them, the three conditions are
1- the load stay the same in all time intervals
2- the load is changing constantly with some increament dq
3-might have sudden change of load at some time

This looks *exactly* like a student coursework question so don't expect
anyone else to do it for you.

what i need to do is that ,some how, put all these conditions in one statement
eg:if load is constant during the whole time then put the same value all
over, but if it is changing with some increment then add each together, and
if you have a sudden jump at say time 0.75 then add one colume in between (so
that you will have two column that have the same time ) and add or subtract
the sudden change from the first colum of the time 0.75 and put its value in
the second colume and either increase constanlty or stay the same according
to the load.

I am desperatly waiting for help!!!!!

How will you ever learn if you never attempt to solve your own homework?

Having cells specifying your boundary conditions will help get you started

Static Load
Incremental Load
Impulse Load
Impulse Time

How you combine these into a formula to have the desired result is left
as an exercise for the reader.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

please do not feel bad. We are just ordinary people that want to share our
knowledge.
When you ask questions, you get a good response if you are very clear . A
subject that is meaningful and a clear and precise question helps us to
respond better, thats all.

"sanaz" wrote:

hi patrick,
i am really sorry, ive never used this discussion board before!!
and the thing is that, yesterday that I sent that question I thought it did
not go through because it wasnt on my profile, then i thought maybe it is
because it was so long, any way thats why I just ask shorter question?1

now that you said I checked your answer, thank you so much for that, but the
thing is that I dont have visual basic so is there any way that I could just
either use statements such as if ,... or use the macro which is with matlab.

and you are right this is a project, and i know very little about excel
thats why i am in panic state because its due friday and i havnt done much:(

Kind Regards
sanaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sanaz

Not at all angry. I know you are new to this forum and thought would guide
you about the usage. Unless a user respond; the contributor will never know
whether the response has helped or not or whether the user did even looked at
the response.

Since you have posted your query in the Excel Programming group ; Patrick
would have given you a VBA solution. When you say VB; here we are talking
about Visual Basic Editor in Excel (VBE) which is integrated with MS Office
products.

Open Excel and on your keyboard click on the "ALT" key (left of the space
bar), hold and click on the "F11" key (the F11 key is at the top of your
keyboard). Here is the Visual Basic Editor. Click again and you are back to
Excel.

When you have sometime refer the below link; (starter)
http://www.excel-vba.com/

About posting queries/responses etc; refer the below link
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...APostAsHelpful

Cheers !!

"sanaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think Martin Brown hit the nail on the head with his response. This is
coursework, and the idea is for you to do the work yourself and learn in the
process.
I will leave you to continue learning. Rick also gave you some leads.
I wish you good fortune.