Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Recordset with Primary Key

Hello! I have recordset r with about 50 000 records. There are about 50%
duplicate records. I have idea to guckly removing duplicats: Next recordset
r2 with Primary Key in field "x1". When I make update r2 from r, I think, I
automtically resive records without duplicates. Unfornately, I can't make
Primary Key for field. Is it possible? How make it and how make update r2
form r? Thanks!

Dim r As ADODB.Recordset
Set r = New Recordset

For i = 1 To 3
r.Fields.Append "X" & i, adDouble, , adFldUpdatable
Next i

How to set Primary Index field(1) ("X1")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 7, 7:42*am, "Adax" wrote:
*Hello! *I have recordset r with about 50 000 records. There are about 50%
duplicate records. I have idea to guckly removing duplicats: Next recordset
r2 with Primary Key in field "x1". When I make update r2 from r, I think, I
automtically resive records without duplicates. Unfornately, I can't make
Primary Key for field. Is it possible? How make it and how make update r2
form r? Thanks!

* * * * Dim r As ADODB.Recordset
* * * * Set r = New Recordset

* * * * * * For i = 1 To 3
* * * * * * * * r.Fields.Append "X" & i, adDouble, , adFldUpdatable
* * * * * * Next i

How to set Primary *Index *field(1) ("X1")

Can you modify to some like SELECT DISTINCT <field FROM <table
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Uzytkownik "UglyChicken" napisal w wiadomosci
On Oct 7, 7:42 am, "Adax" wrote:
Hello! I have recordset r with about 50 000 records. There are about 50%
duplicate records. I have idea to guckly removing duplicats: Next
recordset r2 with Primary Key in field "x1". When I make update r2
from r, I think, I automtically resive records without duplicates.
Unfornately, I can't make Primary Key for field. Is it possible? How
make it and how make update r2 form r? Thanks!
Dim r As ADODB.Recordset
Set r = New Recordset
For i = 1 To 3
r.Fields.Append "X" & i, adDouble, , adFldUpdatable
Next i
How to set Primary Index field(1) ("X1")

Can you modify to some like SELECT DISTINCT <field FROM <table

Thanks! But I don't have the table, I have only recordset. Is it possible
without table get SELECT DISTINCT from Recordsetu?

Generating a primary key Access::Student Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 July 1st 09 11:07 PM
(Primary) Key Column? Rebecca Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 September 21st 08 05:14 PM
PRIMARY KEYS Brent Excel Programming 0 April 11th 07 05:34 PM
Check for Primary Key BillyRogers Excel Programming 2 September 20th 06 06:06 PM
Type recordset/recordset? FlaviusFlav[_9_] Excel Programming 4 May 24th 04 12:16 PM