Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selet Syntax

I am trying to select a cell with the following statement:

Detail_Report.Cells(61, Column).Select

This doesn't work. The .Range works, but I cannot define it using
row.column indicies.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First I wouldn't use Column as a variable name. Excel uses it already.

Maybe it's because Detail_Report isn't the activesheet or the workbook that
holds Detail_Report isn't the active workbook.

dim myCol as long
mycol = 32

with detail_report
.parent.activate 'the workbook needs to be active, too.
.select
.cells(61, myCol).select
end with

--

Dave Peterson

VB Syntax dhstein Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 November 8th 08 09:13 PM
Help with Syntax Steve Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 21st 07 06:52 PM
Syntax help for if Dean[_8_] Excel Programming 2 November 1st 06 07:43 PM
AND if syntax Janis Excel Programming 3 September 22nd 06 09:51 PM
Syntax help! Mike Fogleman Excel Programming 20 July 30th 05 01:11 PM