Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how can detect that setting object failed

hi

I use VB-RegEx for pattern matching. The command "set objMatched
= .Excecute(SomeString)" fails if the pattern didn't match. I tried
"if objMatch is Nothing then ... end if" to intercept the event;
without success.

Please help me with some ideas.

thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

set objMatched = .Excecute(SomeString)"
cnt = objMatched.count
if cnt = 0 then
' no matches
' else
for each match in objMatched
etc
End if

Regards,
Peter T

"chfa" wrote in message
hi

I use VB-RegEx for pattern matching. The command "set objMatched
= .Excecute(SomeString)" fails if the pattern didn't match. I tried
"if objMatch is Nothing then ... end if" to intercept the event;
without success.

Please help me with some ideas.

thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

Could it as simple as your typo in .execute????

Of Course it's only a typo but I've regret saying that's not the
answer at all. the answer was provided by Peter.

Nevertheles thanks for the hint.

Chris, the steppenwolf