Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save As

Okay, I'm trying to save a file to a different directory. So I wote a code
but have a little issue.

ChangeFileOpenDirectory "S:\WP\Sales quotes\"
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:= _
"S:\WP\Sales quotes\Test 40091.doc"

The issue I have is, I don't want to have every document saved as Test
40091, I just want it to do a Save As into the S:\WP\Sales quotes\ and use
the current documents name.

I know this is a word issue but I figure that it is the same process in
excel and you guys seem to be better than those word guys :).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
not sure what you are working with but....
somehting like this might work.....
Dim n As String
n = ActiveDocument.Name
ChangeFileOpenDirectory "S:\WP\Sales quotes\"
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:= _
"S:\WP\Sales quotes\n.doc"

regards
FSt1

"Cerberus" wrote:

Okay, I'm trying to save a file to a different directory. So I wote a code
but have a little issue.

ChangeFileOpenDirectory "S:\WP\Sales quotes\"
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:= _
"S:\WP\Sales quotes\Test 40091.doc"

The issue I have is, I don't want to have every document saved as Test
40091, I just want it to do a Save As into the S:\WP\Sales quotes\ and use
the current documents name.

I know this is a word issue but I figure that it is the same process in
excel and you guys seem to be better than those word guys :).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this is what you want:

ActiveDocument.SaveAs _
FileName:="S:\WP\Sales quotes\" & ActiveDoument.Name & ".doc"