Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default very urgent!!!

hi,
I was wondering if any one could help me with macro, what I want to do is
basically to write a programm with excel which can produce a table with a
different boundary conditions,however, I really dont know how I should apply
my bounrdy on my table, because I should not produce the table by hand but
rather by macro so that it knows that for instance it should expand to 10
columns and 10 rows??!!

i am really sorry if you really did not understand what I have said above,
but if any one know any thing about soil mechanics (the numerical solution of
consolidation, this programming need to do that?!!)

if any one knows any thing could you let me know as soon as possible!!!
thank you so much.
Kind Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hmir, If you need to figure the size of a table programmatically try using
the UsedRange Method:

Function getRange() As Variant
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Select
getRange = Selection.Address(ReferenceStyle:=xlA1)
End Function

Sub Test()
MsgBox getRange
End Sub

"hmir" wrote:

hi,
I was wondering if any one could help me with macro, what I want to do is
basically to write a programm with excel which can produce a table with a
different boundary conditions,however, I really dont know how I should apply
my bounrdy on my table, because I should not produce the table by hand but
rather by macro so that it knows that for instance it should expand to 10
columns and 10 rows??!!

i am really sorry if you really did not understand what I have said above,
but if any one know any thing about soil mechanics (the numerical solution of
consolidation, this programming need to do that?!!)

if any one knows any thing could you let me know as soon as possible!!!
thank you so much.
Kind Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi don,
I am really sorry, this is the first time i am using this discussion area
,didnt know there are some rules here. any way the only reason that I wrote
urgent was that I have this assignment due friday!!! and
I am kind of stuck. so sorry.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

When you put "very urgent" in your subject it turns OFF a lot of people as
we tend to treat all questions with the same urgency. In addition, you don't
explain your question very well or give any details. No mindreading here.
You can easily determine the last row with many different methods such as
lastrow=cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel