-   -   read xml method-- faster one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/434500-read-xml-method-faster-one.html)

rchiuhk

read xml method-- faster one

Dear all,

Is it possible for ADODB.Recordset to read xml in excel??
I have followed the code below but it prompt error when recordset open.
Error Message"???????? ??XML??????".
Do you know why???
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27818

Moreover, Is it possible to use xmltextreader in excel vba??
All I want to do is speed up searching a record in xml file.
Now I have done according to below. But it need iterate for each record.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.10).aspx

Any Ideas in excel vba???

joel

read xml method-- faster one

Try instead of Excel 8.0 use XML 1.0. XML is not an excel format and is
probably confussing. An XLS file is binary and XML is text which would be a
problem.