Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HLOOKUP

Hi,

a silly question: why doesn't this work?
=HLOOKUP(N7;N9:P35;11;FALSE)
I want to search the array N9:P35 for the value of cell N7.

Thanks,

Lieven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Formula syntax is correct. If a match is found in the first row of the array
(row 9) then the formula returns the corresponding value from 11th row of the
array which is row19
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"lieven" wrote:

Hi,

a silly question: why doesn't this work?
=HLOOKUP(N7;N9:P35;11;FALSE)
I want to search the array N9:P35 for the value of cell N7.

Thanks,

Lieven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Do you get an error message or
the wrong result or ???

If you're getting an #N/A error, there's probably a formatting issue
in play -- for example, N7 is Text, while N9:P9 are Numbers ...