Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 list of names and calling

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003, i have a list of people names (First name A1:A100,
Surename B1:B100, from C1:C10 are shown numbers)
Also i have installed dialing program "ClickToDial", which start calling
to certaing person if i'm marking number and push Ctrl + c c

I want to do this way, that i can create in D1 search box, where i can put
name to search, and in F1 cell i want to see search results, if i will click
on to result i want that ClickToDial program will start calling.

Is it possible to program this? Unfortunately i don't know exel very well,
may ne someone can advice or show how is possible to do this little
programming?

Thank you for answear!

Peeter Tiidemann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) why don't you use an autofilter?

2) you can use the sheet's 'double click' event...so hen one double click's
a cell, it fires the code. the code can test the cell and then call the
account
To do this right click on the sheet's TAB and select 'View Code' from the
popup menu, and add this code:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If Target.Column = 3 And Target.Value < "" Then
Cancel = True
call "<dialer"

the Target.CVolumn tests that the cell selectected is in column C. The <""
just makes sure that the cell isn't empty
So if we want to make a call, then turn off the right click menu by settign
cancel = TRUE and call the appropriate riutine. You can probably find this
easily enough by turning on the macro recorder and dialling a number....see
what gets recorded ...unless you already know the function that gets
called...whatever it is replace my CALL DIALER with the correct function

"Lion2004" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003, i have a list of people names (First name A1:A100,
Surename B1:B100, from C1:C10 are shown numbers)
Also i have installed dialing program "ClickToDial", which start calling
to certaing person if i'm marking number and push Ctrl + c c

I want to do this way, that i can create in D1 search box, where i can put
name to search, and in F1 cell i want to see search results, if i will click
on to result i want that ClickToDial program will start calling.

Is it possible to program this? Unfortunately i don't know exel very well,
may ne someone can advice or show how is possible to do this little
programming?

Thank you for answear!

Peeter Tiidemann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, but it is hard to do for me, i tried to create autofilter, but i
cannot search inside list. Also i tried to put this code into sheet and got
error while inserting CALL DIALER, i don't know which function i have to use.
It is just reads the clipboard if i push on keyboard Ctrl cc.

May be you can send me demo file to my email or desribe this process step by
step?

I don't know very mutch excel to create this codes and filters.

"Lion2004" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003, i have a list of people names (First name A1:A100,
Surename B1:B100, from C1:C10 are shown numbers)
Also i have installed dialing program "ClickToDial", which start calling
to certaing person if i'm marking number and push Ctrl + c c

I want to do this way, that i can create in D1 search box, where i can put
name to search, and in F1 cell i want to see search results, if i will click
on to result i want that ClickToDial program will start calling.

Is it possible to program this? Unfortunately i don't know exel very well,
may ne someone can advice or show how is possible to do this little
programming?

Thank you for answear!

Peeter Tiidemann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I will be very happy if you send me a little demo file to my email address

I will erase this one after testing and trying to implement this codes on my
file.
Is it possible from your side to send this file for me?

Peeter.

"Lion2004" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003, i have a list of people names (First name A1:A100,
Surename B1:B100, from C1:C10 are shown numbers)
Also i have installed dialing program "ClickToDial", which start calling
to certaing person if i'm marking number and push Ctrl + c c

I want to do this way, that i can create in D1 search box, where i can put
name to search, and in F1 cell i want to see search results, if i will click
on to result i want that ClickToDial program will start calling.

Is it possible to program this? Unfortunately i don't know exel very well,
may ne someone can advice or show how is possible to do this little
programming?

Thank you for answear!

Peeter Tiidemann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What you mean under correct function Call "<Dialer"?
Unfornunately i doesn't know any functions in visual basic.
Please help and explain a little how to do that?

Thank you.