Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default posting

Hello all,
I am trying to post a cell into sheet that has 1,000 lines to it. My
problem is it must find 3 criteria's before posting.
EX:
sheet 1 is layed out like this
A B C D
date Job Mix
2/2/09 1 9.5
2/2/09 2 12.5
2/22/09 1 9.5

The information to be posted is found on sheet 2

A B C D
date Job Mix Tons
2/2/09 2 12.5 200 <~~I will imput this information

Now what I want is for Sheet 2 Column D to post on Sheet 1 Column D after it
has found Columns A, B, & C from sheet 2.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eric,

I'm going to attempt to rephrase your question because I found it rather
confusing, hopefully you can tell me if I understand you correctly.

- You want a workbook with 2 worksheets on it, sheet 1 and sheet 2.
- Sheet 2 will contain four columns of data: A) Date, B) Job number, C) Mix
number and D) Tons number
- Sheet 1 will have four similarly named columns of data as well, with
columns A, B, and C being filled in by the user.
- If the data found on a row in columns: A, B and C from sheet 1 are found
on sheet 2, then set the fourth cell (D column) on sheet 1 to the value of
the fourth cell (D column) on sheet 2.

Is that right?

What might also help is to show your desired output.

"Eric" wrote:

Hello all,
I am trying to post a cell into sheet that has 1,000 lines to it. My
problem is it must find 3 criteria's before posting.
EX:
sheet 1 is layed out like this
A B C D
date Job Mix
2/2/09 1 9.5
2/2/09 2 12.5
2/22/09 1 9.5

The information to be posted is found on sheet 2

A B C D
date Job Mix Tons
2/2/09 2 12.5 200 <~~I will imput this information

Now what I want is for Sheet 2 Column D to post on Sheet 1 Column D after it
has found Columns A, B, & C from sheet 2.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Congradulations!!! You hit the nail on the head. I'm sorry I made it more
confussing than it should have been but since you were able to figure that
part out the rest should be a breeze. Thank you in advance for attempting to
figure it out since I wasn't to clear.

Eric