Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing font for msgbox

Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Easy.

Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and:

Properties Appearance Advanced Message Box and then pick the font,
size, color, etc.

Then a bunch of O.K.'s
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200905

"jeff" wrote:

Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can add a textbox with the message

ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHo rizontal, 158.25,
180.75, _
64.5, 37.5).Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "ABC"
With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 10
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With

"jeff" wrote:

Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put simply you can't. You can however design a modal userform with a lable
and CommandButton on it similar to that of a message box and use the
form.show every time you want the message box. then just add me.hide to the
click sub of the command button.
hope this helps.

"jeff" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"jeff" wrote:
Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I thought this was going to be just a VBA issue. I've pulled
the Properties box up many times before, and never really noticed the
Appearance settings. The problem is... it changes everything. Even the
icon tray. But, I really appreciate the info. This will come in handy
later on.
j.o.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a note to GS response. If you use the Appearance dialog box to change
the font for the message box, you should be aware that it changes it for
every application on every appearance. The message box is part of the
Windows application, not just Excel.

"jeff" wrote:

Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"jeff" wrote:
Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Joel
I'll look at this and see if I can incorporate this with what I'm
doing.
I appreciate the help.
j.o.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"jeff" wrote in message

Is it possible to change the font of a msgbox? I have one that will
show text plus a cell value. I've tried changing the font of the cell,
but it doesn't change it when it's in the msgbox. I've looked in Help,
and in past posts, but cannot find anything on it. Maybe it can't be
done in VBA.
Thanks
j.o.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I think this will be the way to go. I've done things this way
before. I was just wondering if the msgbox font could be changed.
Would be easier than to design another UF.
Thanks to everyone for your help!
j.o.

Font in MsgBox? Charlotte E.[_2_] Excel Programming 8 November 25th 08 12:06 AM
Changing Font color based on font type or size John Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 7th 08 12:50 AM
how do i change font size in msgbox pete the greek Excel Programming 1 June 8th 05 01:47 PM
MsgBox Font He4Giv Excel Programming 1 January 6th 05 04:58 AM
Specify font for MsgBox display? shockley Excel Programming 1 September 11th 03 01:50 PM