Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Txt to Column wizard

Can a macro call the txt to Column wizard and allow the user to use the
wizard and then continue the other tasks the macro needs to do?

CR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes

Turn on the macro recorder and see what you get when using the wizard.

Add your current macro code after that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:34:22 -0700, "CR" wrote:

Can a macro call the txt to Column wizard and allow the user to use the
wizard and then continue the other tasks the macro needs to do?

CR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Turn on the macro recorder and see what you get when using the wizard

That was the first thing I tried.

All the recorder shows are the parameters that I use to move my
non-Delimited text to columns. It doesn't show the Call or Get for the
wizard.

I have been importing the text every week for ten years and putting it into
columns, sorting to remove empty rows, copying and summing by hand.
The text is a different number of columns most weeks (only thirteen to
sixteen columns) and the T to C wizard does a pretty good job, but many
times I have to add a column after I see what it has done on its own.

I ran my recorded macro several times and like I suspected it didn't
consistently get everything right.
I think I need to see if it has performed correctly before it finishes its
putting it into columns.

If it's not possible to show the wizard through a macro, (I find it hard to
believe that you can't) I will just have to break my code in half and fire
one, then do the wizard by hand and then fire the other half.

Is there a way show the wizard with code, allow me to look at it, adjust if
necessary and have the code continue when I push Finish?

Thanks