Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update the excel file on my computer, once a new version excel fileis add on other computer within same network.

Hi

I have a excel file by name overalldata.xlsm in my PC. I would like to
write a macro, so that when ever i open and request the macro for
update, it should search the latest version on friends computer on the
same network in the specified folder (c:\satya\latestexcelxx.xls,
where xx is the version number which keeps on incrementing for a new
version) and update the overalldata.xlsm file with latest version
data.

once there is a change in the data, then a new excel file will be
generated. i.e from latestexcel11.xls to latestexcel12.xls

The macro should check the highest version number in the folder and
bring that data to my overalldata.xlsm file.

Regards,
Satya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update the excel file on my computer, once a new version excel fil

why don't you have one file as a database (better still, create an Access
database) then have all your excel workbook read / update the database.