Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Control Tip Text Question

I am using "ControlTipText" to identify the objects in my Userform. Is there
a way to wrap text this "ControlTipText"?? If not, is there any other way to
have this informtion for the user? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can place the controls within a frame and have a multi-line label placed
in your form. Use the mousemove event to display/hide a label for each
control or display/clear a fixed label (for all controls) using the below
code...You can try out the below by placing a textbox within a frame and
placing a multi-line label on your form

Option Explicit
Private Sub Textbox1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = True
End Sub

Private Sub Frame1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Label1.Visible = False
End Sub

Alternately, review the bleow link by Andy Pope and download a demo on
handling the help and help text.
http://www.andypope.info/vba/whatsthishelp.htm

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

I am using "ControlTipText" to identify the objects in my Userform. Is there
a way to wrap text this "ControlTipText"?? If not, is there any other way to
have this informtion for the user? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your response. I have two columns in a Frame with checkboxes.
I tried the code below as instructed and I am able to make it work except for
one thing. Lable 280 and stay open even after I move away from the checkbox
470. What am I doing wrong. Also when I open the Userform the label is
visible. i only want the label to be seen if mouse is over the checkbox.
Can you please review my code and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you
very much for all your help.

Private Sub CheckBox470_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As
Single)
Me.Label280.Visible = True
End Sub
Private Sub Label280_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As
Single)
Me.Label280.Visible = False
End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox606_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As
Single)
Me.Label281.Visible = True
End Sub
Private Sub Label281_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _
ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As
Single)
Me.Label281.Visible = False
End Sub

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

I am using "ControlTipText" to identify the objects in my Userform. Is there
a way to wrap text this "ControlTipText"?? If not, is there any other way to
have this informtion for the user? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--Set the 'Visible' property of the labels to False from the property window

--You didnt try the frame control..No problems. Leave it. If you are not
using a frame control you can use the below code which sets the visible
property to False in UserForm Mouse Move event

Private Sub UserForm_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, _