Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Putting list items under appropriate date?

Maybe this isn't a job for Excel - if you know of a program that's
built for this, I'd appreciate the tip!

In XL2000, I'd like to make a table of items:
Col A = Description
Col B = Date Due
Col C = Date Completed

In Cols F-L, I'll create a calendar, giving each day four or five
rows. The first row of each set would have the date.

A formula in the rows under the date would find all matching dates in
Col B and return the description from Col A. That sounds like
VLOOKUP, yes?

The table will not be in any kind of order, and will vary in length
from month to month.
Dates will appear more than once, possibly but not necessarily
consecutive.
Won't VLOOKUP just return the first value it comes to and ignore
multiple entries?

Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Excel can do this using a macro. Your description is a little vague which
prevents me from writing the macro. I'm not usre what the columns F-L look
like. if yo can post a sample of the data it would help.

"Ed from AZ" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, but there are ways around it. Some time ago I prepared a planning/
calendar file for a poster on these newsgroups where she had a list of
activities and dates (in any order) and wanted the activities to be
presented on a calendar in a different sheet. This sounds similar to
what you want, so if you are interested then send me an email to:

pashurst <at auditel.net

(change the obvious), and I'll send you a copy of the file. If you can
give me some more details in the email of exactly what you want , I'll
see if it can be modified to suit your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 21, 4:51*pm, Ed from AZ wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to finish this off, I sent the file to Ed and he was very happy
with it (10 "thank you"'s !!).

Pete

On Sep 21, 5:10*pm, Pete_UK wrote:
[...]

Ed- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 22, 10:49*am, Pete_UK wrote:
Just to finish this off, I sent the file to Ed and he was very happy
with it (10 "thank you"'s !!).

Pete

Indeed I am!!

Thanks again!