Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with validations in Excel

Hi,

I have two sheets: Inward and Outward

Inward has 3 columns as under:

Sender Sender_Invoice_Number Qtty
A 25895 25
B 15287 18
c 25987 19
A 26879 35

Outward has 4 columns as under:

My_Invoice_Number Sender Sender_Invoice_Number Qtty
1 A 259895 12

The requirement is this:
In the Outward sheet, the sender column should show a drop-down list
(validation) of list of senders(unique values from Sender column in
Inward sheet). Once the user selects a value ("A" in the example
above),then the "Sender_Invoice_Number" column in Outward sheet should
show a validation with a list of Unique "Sender_Invoice_Number" from
outward sheet for that particular sender.

I am looking for a VBA solution to this problem. I have good working
knowledge of VBA and have created validations in cells at runtime.
Please help with code/pointers for this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use advance filter with the unique option. Record a macro while performing
the operation using Advance filter under the worksheet data menu. then
modify the recorded code as required.