Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Download Web Pages/Files -- Need Delay

Hello All,

I am using the following code to download web pages and files from the
internet to a designated drive.
============

Private Declare Function URLDownloadToFileA Lib "urlmon" (ByVal pCaller As
Long, _
ByVal szURL As String, ByVal szFileName As String, ByVal dwReserved As Long, _
ByVal lpfnCB As Long) As Long

Private Function DownloadFile(URL As String, LocalFilename As String) As
Boolean
Dim lngRetVal As Long
lngRetVal = URLDownloadToFileA(0, URL, LocalFilename, 0, 0)
If lngRetVal = 0 Then DownloadFile = True
End Function

============

It works great. All sorts of web pages and files are downloaded to the
computer.

Here is where I am running into a snag. I am trying to download a web page.
If you manually navigate to this particular web page, the web page appears
to be querying a system, brings back data, and displays it as a table. This
takes a several seconds for the web page to produce this data. My code
(above) downloads the web page before it has had time to "refresh" with the
data.

Can someone point me to some code that would "refresh" the designated web
page and then wait until the data is brought back?

Thank you for your help.

MSweetG222