Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default file size too big

Dear All

I have only one page text data in an excel sheet but the file size is about
1mb.

Pls tell me what could be the reason and how to make the file smaller.

brgds/captgnvr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select by SHIFT + End + RightArrow and delete all columns right of your used
range.

Select and delete all rows below your used range.

Save the workbook.

In some versions you have to save/close and re-open to effect a change in
size.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:25:01 -0700, CAPTGNVR
wrote:

Dear All

I have only one page text data in an excel sheet but the file size is about
1mb.

Pls tell me what could be the reason and how to make the file smaller.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D/ GORD
Thnks for the tip. I tried as instructed and checked that the file size
still around 1mb. Pls sugest next tip.

All I have in this sheet is text for a page. Font ariel and size 10 and
some headings with font 18.

brgds/captgnvr

wrote:

Dear All

I have only one page text data in an excel sheet but the file size is about
1mb.

Pls tell me what could be the reason and how to make the file smaller.

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear All

Thanks for the guidance but now I figured it out.

The file was big on account of it being a shared file and on unsharing the
file size has come to 90k. once again thanks for the tips and help

brgds/captgnvr