Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transfer data from one sheet to another

Hi

I have a worksheet "current" with data entered in range D5 to N5 and empty
worksheet "database". i have created button1 and would like to attach a macro
to this button1 so that all the data D5 to N5 from worksheet "current"
transfer to worksheet "database" A3 to K3

Any help with codes please

cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Learner

Maybe you want this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Learner" wrote in message ...
Hi

I have a worksheet "current" with data entered in range D5 to N5 and empty
worksheet "database". i have created button1 and would like to attach a macro
to this button1 so that all the data D5 to N5 from worksheet "current"
transfer to worksheet "database" A3 to K3

Any help with codes please

cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

Thanks for the prompt response, I guess i am still struggling to implement
the macro codes you gave me.

i am going to ask you question again, and see if you can make it bit simpler

what i have got is following table in worksheet1 with first row as title
row. I enter data in all the remaining cells which i want to transfer into
another workhseet"database" by clicking a button.

column 1 column 2 column 3 column 4
row 1 RESULT 1 RESULT 2 RESULT 3 RESULT 4
row 2 33 34 35 36
row 3 45 46 47 48
row 4 68 69 70 71

let me know if you can help.

thanks again

"Learner" wrote in message ...
Hi

I have a worksheet "current" with data entered in range D5 to N5 and empty
worksheet "database". i have created button1 and would like to attach a macro
to this button1 so that all the data D5 to N5 from worksheet "current"
transfer to worksheet "database" A3 to K3

Any help with codes please

cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Learner,

You have added a Commandbutton from the Control Toolbox on a worksheet?

Make that toolbar visible and enter the design mode (triangel icon). Right
click the command button and select View Code

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

Enter between Sub and end sub the range you want to copy, e.g.

Sheets("current").Range("D5:N5").Copy Sheets("database").Range("A3:K3")

Exit the design mode.

Wkr,

JP