Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Spreadsheet autorun macro, parameter?

Is it possible to launch an Excel spreadsheet with a parameter that
can be picked up by a Workbook_Open macro? What I want is for the
macro to open and process a text file specified, then SaveAs and
close. If it is opened without a parameter, I don't want it to process
a file. I could make this conditional behaviour dependent on the
presence of data in the spreadsheet that has been read from the file,
but I need to get the file name somehow, and I need a way of opening
and updating the macros without running them. As a last resort I could
write the file name into another text file and pick it up from there.

Are there any other gotchas with this kind of arrangement that I
should watch out for?

Phil Hibbs.