Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro for use in individual workbook

Is there a difference in the way you record or format a macro for use in a
select workbook than one you would assign to be used by all workbooks?
The reason I ask this question is, I have tried and tried to select macros
for use within a workbook and they won't save to the quick access tool bar
nor will they email with the document when I need someone else to recieve a
copy. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're recording a macro, make sure that you save it in the actve
workbook, and not some default like personal.xls

If you write the code yourself, be sure that yuo write it in a module thats
within the active workbook -- look in the VBAProject for the workbook.

"Doug" wrote:

Is there a difference in the way you record or format a macro for use in a
select workbook than one you would assign to be used by all workbooks?
The reason I ask this question is, I have tried and tried to select macros
for use within a workbook and they won't save to the quick access tool bar
nor will they email with the document when I need someone else to recieve a
copy. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is what I have done so far. I just double checked. The recorded macros
were recorded in the current workbook and are listed in the VBA Project. Any
other possibilities?