Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default drop down and textbox

I am trying to create a userform, accessed to Sheet1, Sheet2 etc. The format
of each Sheet is the same, where data is to be 10 columns.
However, I want the first column to used from a dropdown on the userform and
the next to columns to be filled into textboxes (where the user cannot change
the output data. From the 4th column to the 10th the user can input amounts
in the even numbered textboxes, with dates automatically appearing in the odd
number textboxes. Is this possible?
I have looked and looked, and only have just stumbled onto this web site.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is possible to do what you wnat but I'm not sure how much programming
experience you have. there are simple methods and more complex method to do
this task. the are two different type userforms. One use a regular
spreedsheet and one access from VBA by inserting userform from the VBA menu.

In either case, I would recommend using a listbox for you drop down box.
The Listbox and textboexes have a property call linked cells which you can
use to put the data into the worksheet and a listbox also has a listfillrange
that you can use to put the values into the listbox.

You can add listboxes and textboxes onto a worksheet by using the toolbar menu

View - Toolbars - Contrl Toolbox

View - Userforms - Forms

The textboxes and listboxes on the two toolbar are slightly different. if
yo are not using a macro then it doesn't make any difference which you use.
With macros, the properties are slightly different.