Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Row G equals to any of these part# turn color

I have a column (G) that has a bunch of part numbers (alpha numeric) I have
2 lists and would like the cell that matches any part number in Column A to
turn green and any part number that matches column B to turn orange, and the
third is any cell that doesnt meet any to turn RED.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance
--
Nelson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could format the column as red and then use the conditional formatting to
change the red to green or orange.

=isnumber(match(g1,sheet2!a:a,0))
will be true if the value in G1 matches any of the values in sheet2 column A.
(format as Green)

=isnumber(match(g1,sheet2!b:b,0))
(give it an orange shade)

And if you want...
=and(iserror(match(g1,sheet2!a:a,0)),iserror(match (g1,sheet2!b:b,0)))
and give it a red format.

Nelson wrote:

I have a column (G) that has a bunch of part numbers (alpha numeric) I have
2 lists and would like the cell that matches any part number in Column A to
turn green and any part number that matches column B to turn orange, and the
third is any cell that doesnt meet any to turn RED.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance
--
Nelson