Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change Event

Hi,

I am struggling to do something that I think should be easy, but I can't
figure it out.

I have a sheet within which I need to respond to specific changes:
If a cell in column H or column L is chnaged, I need to chnage the value in
column M of the same row.

I don't know which row will be altered, so I am trying to use a Worksheet
Change Event to trap the change with:

Select Case True
Case Target.Column=8 or Target.Column=12
<update cell "M" in Target.Row
End Select
End Sub

What I can't figure out is the <update cell "M" in Target.Row code. I can
capture the Target.Row to a string but can't covert the string to a range to
update cell M Target.Row and I can't help thinking that there must be a
better way of doing things anyway.

This is in Office '07 under Vista FWIW

Any suggestions on how I achieve this would be gratefully received.

Hope this makes sense!

TIA

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the below. Right click the sheet tabView Code and paste the below code

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("H:H,L:L")) Is Nothing Then
Range("M" & Target.Row) = "Changed H/L"
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub