Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default selecting data for a chart based on specific criterie

I am hoping to create a pie chart that will select data points dynamically. I
have a static range (51 rows in column a & b) but I only want to select the
rows that have non-zero values in column b to be inputs for the pie chart.
(becuase the rows with non-zero values will be subject to change).

I have tried naming the two columns as ranges using a counta function which
selects the right number of cells (based on the ones that have non-zero
values) but selects the first 9 cells lets say instead of skipping the empty
ones and selecting the 9 cells with non-zero values

I also tried a macro that would assign a name to the range selecting the
first sell and then xldown after running a macro that hides the rows with
zero values... that ends up selecting the whole range and not skipping the
hidden cells

any help would be greatly appreciated!!
--
Thanks,