Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is Multi-Sequence Search Selection Macro Possible?

Hi:

This is the first time I am posting to this newsgroup and if it is not the
right place for my question, please point me to the correct newsgroup.

If I have three columns with a multiple sequences of numbers, separated by
empty cells,
is it programmatically possible to have a macro to select a specific pattern
in the three columns that meet the following conditions:

For example using columns R, S and T.

In column S, find a vertical sequence of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, that is followed
by a vertical sequence of

1 through 13, directly to the left of column S, the next row down in column
R, followed by a vertical

sequence of 1, 2, 3, directly to the right of column R, the next row down in
column S, and finally

followed by a vertical sequence of 1 through 19, directly to the right of
column S, the next row down

in column T?

My goal is to have a macro to find the right sequence of 40 numbers while
ignoring sequences that don't

match. A nice bonus would be if no matches are found after the search
completes, to display a "Match not found", messagebox!

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Cecil