Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extract auto-calc % scale so as to construct a macro to addcontrolled Page Breaks

I am trying to allow Excel to scale a document so that it occupies the
full width of a landscape page. Of course the automatic scaling
feature can do this. However, when that happens I want to be able to
control the Page Breaks. This has long been a problem for me. I am
wondering if there is a solution anyone knows. Or perhaps someone can
tell me how to extract the % scale that Excel automatically calculated
when set to the 'fit to page' option so that I can use that number and
manually plug it into a print macro. I know that if I set the print
to automatically adjust to fit the page, the reduction number is
displayed to me. I just do not know how to extract that number so
that I can use it, or if it is even possible.

Thanks for anyone's help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 10, 11:44*pm, RJQMAN wrote:
I am trying to allow Excel to scale a document so that it occupies the
full width of a landscape page. *Of course the automatic scaling
feature can do this. *However, when that happens I want to be able to
control the Page Breaks. *This has long been a problem for me. *I am
wondering if there is a solution anyone knows. *Or perhaps someone can
tell me how to extract the % scale that Excel automatically calculated
when set to the 'fit to page' option so that I can use that number and
manually plug it into a print macro. *I know that if I set the print
to automatically adjust to fit the page, the reduction number is
displayed to me. *I just do not know how to extract that number so
that I can use it, or if it is even possible.

Thanks for anyone's help.

I found the answer on a microsoft help site! Just setting the number
of pages option to 'False' allows the automatic function to still work
and maintain the page breaks. I do not mean to waste anyone's time,
and hopefully this information will help someone else.