Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I create screen tips?

I don't know if anybody can help but...

I have a spreadsheet which when I hover over the cell a customised "Screen
tip" style box appears explaining user instructions.
For the life of me I cannot figure out how it is done. Now my first reaction
was that it was a comment. However, no comment options come up on the context
menu and there is no comment indicator in the cell.
There is no meniton of the text in any of the code.
What is ironic is I wrote the spreadsheet but cannot remember how I did it!
Any ideas or clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Argy wrote:
I don't know if anybody can help but...

I have a spreadsheet which when I hover over the cell a customised "Screen
tip" style box appears explaining user instructions.
For the life of me I cannot figure out how it is done. Now my first reaction
was that it was a comment. However, no comment options come up on the context
menu and there is no comment indicator in the cell.
There is no meniton of the text in any of the code.
What is ironic is I wrote the spreadsheet but cannot remember how I did it!
Any ideas or clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know about hovering, but Data Validation can be made to produce
a "screen tip" when the cell is activated (clicked). See the "Input
Message" on Data Validation.