Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy/Paste?

Folks - I'm looking for some code to copy data from worksheet A into
Worksheet B like the following example. This code will fire as part of
another macro. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Worksheet A
A B C
1 item1 10 20
2 item2 12 19
3 item3 13 89

Worksheet B
A B
1 item1 10
2 item1 20
3 item2 12
4 item2 19
5 item3 13
6 item3 89
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Try this.

Sub CopyPaste()
Dim shA As Worksheet
Dim shB As Worksheet
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim r As Long
Dim Item As String

Set shA = Worksheets("Sheet1") 'Change to suit
Set shB = Worksheets("Sheet2") 'Change to suit

LastRow = shA.Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row

For rw = 1 To LastRow
Item = shA.Cells(rw, 1)
r = r + 1
shB.Range("A" & r & ":A" & r + 1) = Item
shB.Cells(r, 2) = shA.Cells(rw, 2)
r = r + 1
shB.Cells(r, 2) = shA.Cells(rw, 3)
Next

Per

On 5 Aug., 00:00, Mike G - DC
wrote:
Folks - I'm looking for some code to copy data from worksheet A into
Worksheet B like the following example. This code will fire as part of
another macro. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Worksheet A
* * *A * * B * *C
1 * *item1 * * * * 10 * 20
2 * *item2 * * * * 12 * 19
3 * *item3 * * * * 13 * 89

Worksheet B
* * *A * * *B
1 * *item1 * * * * *10
2 * *item1 * * * * *20
3 * *item2 * * * * *12
4 * *item2 * * * * *19
5 * *item3 * * * * *13
6 * *item3 * * * * *89

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, just thought the poster may want to see a small modification required to
Per's code:

Sub CopyPaste()
Dim shA As Worksheet
Dim shB As Worksheet
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim r As Long
Dim Item As String

Set shA = Worksheets("Sheet1") 'Change to suit
Set shB = Worksheets("Sheet2") 'Change to suit

LastRow = shA.Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row

For rw = 1 To LastRow
Item = shA.Cells(rw, 1)
r = r + 1
shB.Cells(r, 2) = shA.Cells(rw, 2)
r = r + 1
shB.Cells(r, 2) = shA.Cells(rw, 2) & " " & shA.Cells(rw, 3)
r = r + 1
shB.Cells(r, 2) = shA.Cells(rw, 2) & " " & shA.Cells(rw, 4)
Next

End Sub

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

wrote:
Folks - I'm looking for some code to copy data from worksheet A into
Worksheet B like the following example. This code will fire as part of
another macro. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Worksheet A
A B C
1 item1 10 20
2 item2 12 19
3 item3 13 89

Worksheet B
A B
1 item1 10
2 item1 20
3 item2 12
4 item2 19
5 item3 13
6 item3 89

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks like my example may have adjusted a bit after the fact. Column A will
include an indefinite list of items. Although most will be unique there is a
chance that there may be duplicate item names. My data set actually includes
Data in columns A through O. Column A captures the item and column B through
O capture a numeric count of the item each month. I limited my example
thinking that I could modify the code. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Is there ever more than one item1 in col A and are there ever more than 2
other columns? Easier if yes.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mike G - DC" wrote in message
Folks - I'm looking for some code to copy data from worksheet A into
Worksheet B like the following example. This code will fire as part of
another macro. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Worksheet A
A B C
1 item1 10 20
2 item2 12 19
3 item3 13 89

Worksheet B
A B
1 item1 10
2 item1 20
3 item2 12
4 item2 19
5 item3 13
6 item3 89

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This should work. Fire from the DESTINATION sheet
Sub remakelist()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("sheet1").Columns("a:o").Copy Range("a1")
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(i - 1).Insert
For j = 2 To Cells(i, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
Cells(i, 1).Copy Cells(i - 1, 1)
Cells(i, j).Copy Cells(i - 1, 2)
Next j
Next i
Columns("A:B").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, _
Key2:=Range("B1"), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Columns("c:o").Delete
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel