-   -   Keep destination formatting when pasting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432015-keep-destination-formatting-when-pasting.html)

Doug

Keep destination formatting when pasting?

How can I set the destination workbook to retain format settings when I paste
new data into the sheet? For example, I am trying to copy from an xlsm file
and paste it into another xlsm file. The file I am copying from is all in
general format and the one I am pasting to has text to column modifications
and other formatting that is forgotten when I paste the new data. This is a
real headache and it would be great if someone knows how?
--

Gary''s Student

Keep destination formatting when pasting?

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas

will paste values and formulas, but not formats.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200860

"Doug" wrote:

How can I set the destination workbook to retain format settings when I paste
new data into the sheet? For example, I am trying to copy from an xlsm file
and paste it into another xlsm file. The file I am copying from is all in
general format and the one I am pasting to has text to column modifications
and other formatting that is forgotten when I paste the new data. This is a
real headache and it would be great if someone knows how?
--

Doug

Keep destination formatting when pasting?

Thank you! It worked great. I just needed to reformat the text to column to
change a date format.
--
Have a great day!