Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default enable macro automatically when we open a workbook

Is there a way to enable macro automatically? everytime I open a specific
workbook?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of course! Open 'ThisWorkbook' and pop your code in there. Someting like
this:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "Hi, thanks for opening me", vbInformation, "Ozgrid.com"
End Sub

Set Macro security level to 'Low'.

See more details he
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/auto-run-macros.htm

Remember, the enable macros issue is part of Excel's inbuilt security &
cannot be bypassed. Individual installations of Excel can alter the settings
so that macros are automatically accepted - this can be done by selecting
Tools|Macros|security & setting the option from High or Medium to Low -
but....it needs to be done for every potential user.... i.e. not a great
solution...

HTH,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

"sam" wrote:

Is there a way to enable macro automatically? everytime I open a specific
workbook?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For a specific workbook you would have to digitally sign that workbook.

If for use on your own computer only you can use the SelfCert tool that
comes with Office.

If for use on other computers you would have to purchase a digital
signature.

See help on digital certificates or digital ID

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP