Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default '?' displayed in excel: when I hit enter for a new line in textbox

I have a textbox which accepts large amout of text. So I set the
'EnterKeyBehaviour' property to True, as users can hit enter for a new line.

Once I Set EnterKeyBehaviour property to True, The cell in excel where this
textbox value is stored displays a '?' where ever I hit enter.

For eg:
If in userform text box I entered:
one two three four
five six seven

the excel output displays:
one two three four?
five six seven?

These question marks are displayed where ever I hit enter for a new line in
the textbox.

I hope I made it clear

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sounds like you are showing the carriage return.

Try this approach and see if solves problem:

Range("A1").Value = Application.Substitute(TextBox1, Chr(13), "")
--
jb

"sam" wrote:

I have a textbox which accepts large amout of text. So I set the
'EnterKeyBehaviour' property to True, as users can hit enter for a new line.

Once I Set EnterKeyBehaviour property to True, The cell in excel where this
textbox value is stored displays a '?' where ever I hit enter.

For eg:
If in userform text box I entered:
one two three four
five six seven

the excel output displays:
one two three four?
five six seven?

These question marks are displayed where ever I hit enter for a new line in
the textbox.

I hope I made it clear

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That enter key is two characters line feed and carriage control.

So fix the string before you plop the value into the cell.

Worksheets("sheet9999").range("A1").value _
application.replace(me.textbox, vbcr, "")

The linefeeds are the alt-0101 (char(10)'s) and you'll want to keep them.

sam wrote:

I have a textbox which accepts large amout of text. So I set the
'EnterKeyBehaviour' property to True, as users can hit enter for a new line.

Once I Set EnterKeyBehaviour property to True, The cell in excel where this
textbox value is stored displays a '?' where ever I hit enter.

For eg:
If in userform text box I entered:
one two three four
five six seven

the excel output displays:
one two three four?
five six seven?

These question marks are displayed where ever I hit enter for a new line in
the textbox.

I hope I made it clear

Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default '?' displayed in excel: when I hit enter for a new line in tex

Thans a lot john, This worked out great

"sam" wrote:

I have a textbox which accepts large amout of text. So I set the
'EnterKeyBehaviour' property to True, as users can hit enter for a new line.

Once I Set EnterKeyBehaviour property to True, The cell in excel where this
textbox value is stored displays a '?' where ever I hit enter.

For eg:
If in userform text box I entered:
one two three four
five six seven

the excel output displays:
one two three four?
five six seven?

These question marks are displayed where ever I hit enter for a new line in
the textbox.

I hope I made it clear

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a bunch of typos in this message:

Worksheets("sheet9999").range("A1").value _
= replace(me.textbox1.value, vbcr, "")

The linefeeds are the alt-0010 (char(10)'s) and you'll want to keep them.

If you're using or supporting xl97, you can use:

Worksheets("sheet9999").range("A1").value _
= application.substitute(me.textbox1.value, vbcr, "")