Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default Ron: email a closed workbook? possible?

I have a button in excel that emails the sheet to me, I have got this to
work. But I have one question:
Does the workbook have to be open in order to mail it? Cant we mail a closed
workbook?

I know workbook has to be open if we want to update it, is it the same for
email it too?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default email a closed workbook? possible?

Not with SendMail code (first section on my mail page)

But you can do it with Outlook code

Do you use Outlook ????

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"sam" wrote in message ...
I have a button in excel that emails the sheet to me, I have got this to
work. But I have one question:
Does the workbook have to be open in order to mail it? Cant we mail a closed
workbook?

I know workbook has to be open if we want to update it, is it the same for
email it too?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at the Outlook code examples on my site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

And you see ythat ou can use

..Attachments.Add ("C:\test.txt")

You can repeat this line if you want for other files

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"sam" wrote in message ...