Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MsgBox cell address

Hi I am currently trying to inform the user if a certain cell needed
for the macro is empty, the code that I have works fine but it always
shows the cell address as $B$4 instead of B4. Is there a way that I
can get it to show the cell address without the dollar signs.

Here is my code.

If newSht = "" Then
MsgBox "There must be a fixture name present in cell " &
ActiveCell.Address
Exit Sub
End If

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 06:55:14 -0700 (PDT), "A & S"
wrote:

Hi I am currently trying to inform the user if a certain cell needed
for the macro is empty, the code that I have works fine but it always
shows the cell address as $B$4 instead of B4. Is there a way that I
can get it to show the cell address without the dollar signs.

Here is my code.

If newSht = "" Then
MsgBox "There must be a fixture name present in cell " &
ActiveCell.Address
Exit Sub
End If

Thanks

Try this modification:

MsgBox "There must be a fixture name present in cell " &
ActiveCell.Address(False, False)

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this line:

Code:
MsgBox "There must be a fixture name present in cell " & Replace(ActiveCell.Address, "$", "")

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team