Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorry for the cross post but this may belong in this section inste

I'm creating a template to use with basic chart but when certain Xaxis labels
contain specific values that might show in certain data sets, I'd like to
either change the font color or use the interior colorindex property.

In other words,

a 1
b 2
c 3

But when the category values are displayed on the graph - I'd like the
letter b to be in blue (and maybe the a in red).

I'm using case statements specific to the text in question to scan the data
and modifying the color of the datalabel font and the correlated bar chart
and those are working great but wanted to also change the category label.

The data changes regularly and will just get dropped (sometimes literally)
into the range that is predefined.

Thanks in advance...Any chance this property is available that I could just
add to the code? I tried the ticklabels and that didn't seem to do what I
hoped for - maybe due to ignorance!