Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Consolidating Macro for Multiple Workbooks and Sheets

Top level: I'm looking for a macro that can use the consolidate excel
function on Multiple Workbooks and Sheets based on either file
location/file name (or if you have a better idea I'm open).

All of my workbooks/sheets (based on the same tab name) have identical
row and column structure, but they are located in different folders
(some folders have 2 some folders have 10). What I want is a macro
that will consolidate all the workbooks in one folder into a new
summary file and move to the next till they are all done.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe this add-in will do what you want
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

If you need code post back

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"TysonE" wrote in message ...
Top level: I'm looking for a macro that can use the consolidate excel
function on Multiple Workbooks and Sheets based on either file
location/file name (or if you have a better idea I'm open).

All of my workbooks/sheets (based on the same tab name) have identical
row and column structure, but they are located in different folders
(some folders have 2 some folders have 10). What I want is a macro
that will consolidate all the workbooks in one folder into a new
summary file and move to the next till they are all done.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This looks to have the general idea for what I need, but my question
is how will it treat a sum function? The thing I like about the
'consolidate' feature is that it will ignore sums on the target file,
while adding everything back in to avoid double counting.

One other thing. In the end I'm going to have around 20 folders I
will need to do this to, is there a way to do multiple folders with
one execution?

Thanks for the help,

Tyson

On Jul 29, 12:23*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Maybe this add-in will do what you wanthttp://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

If you need code post back

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"TysonE" wrote in ...
Top level: *I'm looking for a macro that can use the consolidate excel
function on Multiple Workbooks and Sheets based on either file
location/file name (or if you have a better idea I'm open).

All of my workbooks/sheets (based on the same tab name) have identical
row and column structure, but they are located in different folders
(some folders have 2 some folders have 10). *What I want is a macro
that will consolidate all the workbooks in one folder into a new
summary file and move to the next till they are all done.

Thanks,

T- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tyson

The add in have a subfolder option

And wil only copy the data

It is not the same as the 'consolidate' option

--

"TysonE" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So I tested out your addin and for what it does, it works perfect.
But what I'm trying to do is a little different. I'm not trying to
bring everything over from a workbook and stacking the data... What I
want is more of its adding the data together in its current format
into a new file.

Example:

Workbook 1

Revenue 3
Salaries 2
Income 1

Workbook 2

Revenue 10
Salaries 5
Income 5

Rollup workbook (after consolidation)

Revenue 13
Salaries 7
Income 6

And it would do that for each sheet. Do you know of a macro that will
do that for X number of files in X number of subfolders that would
produce multipule rollup workbooks.

Thanks,

Tyson